Monday, July 14, 2008

Off to Camp Reed

On Sunday afternoon, Kellie left for her last week as a traditional camper at Camp Reed. Here she is, driving us down the hill to the highway. Next summer, she will be able to drive all the way to camp. Sniff.


Here's Kellie waiting in line to check in at camp. She begged us to take pictures of her and call attention to our family in front of the other campers. We kept saying, "No, Kellie, we feel so stupid taking pictures," but she insisted.
I think that she may be muttering something about how much she loves her mom and dad through her gritted teeth.

She also begged her dad to take pictures of me making funny faces in front of all of the other campers. We were happy to help her out.
Here's Shawn helping Kellie get settled in. Kellie doesn't know how good she has it. Behind Shawn is the rear-end of a mom who made her highschool daughter's BED for her. Alls we did was talk real loud-like and take a million pichers of our sweet lil' chil'.
Here's Kellie with Sarah, her best friend since Kindergarten. Kellie has just said, "Alright...you can go now!" So we left.

4 comments:

Shelbyyy@gmail.com said...

Kellie is too cute! I can't believe how much she has grown up since the last time I saw her.
You KNOW Shawn will be checking this blog. If he starts taking a little more time posing for pictures, that'll be your first clue...

Kelli Rydeen and Family said...

You are such the conformist! I love the blog, and now I can add another to my list of blogs that I stalk (I hear that this is what it is called).

Kellie is ALWAYS trying to draw attention to herself (this is no surprise that she was begging you to take her picture). I just can't believe that you and Shawn just didn't throw the hammer down and say NO!

Kellie is beautiful (even with the ego) and will appreciate these pictures, one day.

I can see Shawn’s blog...big deer head pictures, his latest catch etc. Just wait he will come around too.

Trish said...

I love that you and your hubby were so up for helping your daughter out by taking all of those awesome pictures she begged for! I totally remember growing up and just wishing my parents would say good-bye and GO! Your daughter is beautiful and I hear she gets her good looks from her mama! Missed you at the TF meeting tonight! Hope to see you soon :)

jessithompson said...

Camp Reed is one of my favorite places in the whole universe. I'm so glad she loves it too. Sarah was one of my students...small world, eh? This post is hilarious!