Friday, August 1, 2008

A Day at the Laundromat

Summer is for doing all of the chores that get neglected during the school year. Kellie and I lugged the comforters to the laundromat this week. I remember the laundromat being kind of a boring and depressing place, back when I had to use one, in my pre-washing machine days. But Kellie pointed out that there is actually a lot to do at the laundromat besides wash and dry and wait.

You can get your sticker shopping done.

You can play in the play area with the three toys that have not been stolen yet. Or washed, ever.

You can read all of the ridiculous signs that hve been posted, such as this one, which points out that the machine is out of order. Really? I wouldn't have known, from the gaping hole where the coin slot is supposed to be.
You can look for things stuck to the ceiling. Mostly little sticky hand toys. Maybe you can try to get them down.
You can make funny faces for the security camera. From the looks of the laundromat, the guy who is supposed to monitoring the camera is asleep in the back.
You can plan your next vacation.
You can relax in the lounge, and watch the flat screen TV. It's Michael Scott's dream. He could just stand there and watch TV for hours.

You can wash your low meat. Low meat?
You can brush up on your spelling skills. Oh, Low HEAT. Permanetly, apparetly.
You can smoke a few cigs, and then drop them for someone to pick up later. Some might call you rude and inconsiderate, but you would really be philanthropic. You would help to stimulate the economy by giving people jobs to do, like pick up your garbage for you.And finally, you can get career ideas. At least you would only have one color group to deal with at the laundromat: camo.


6 comments:

colleen said...

Thanks for the laugh! I too, recently had to go to the laundromat to wash a sleeping bag and was equally impressed with the high standards there!
Very funny post!
colleen

benjyjen said...

Wow! The laundry mat I went to in college was not nearly as educational and family friendly as yours. Our favorite game in college was to see how many loads we could finally have! Our record was 15 (I think the machines were VERY small!). When Tracy was down to her leopard undies then it was definately time to make a trip! Glad you are getting your summer junk done. I need that motivation! By the way... it is August now.... sorry.....
:) jenny

Steve said...

Apparently I have not been to the laundry mat near enough. The last time was at our college apartments and the game we played was, "Guess whos laundry was missing this time" It was always a gamble and thankfully I didnt have cool enough clothes i guess:) Way to make the most out of your trip!

benjyjen said...

So, is the "ass. fragrance" a light and airy smell or is it heavier and less is more? 75% off is such a great price! have you tried it yet? :)

Laura and company said...

I don't know, but my dog will NOT leave me alone since I started wearing Ass Fragrance. He goes crazy for it.

Kelli Rydeen and Family said...

You just reminded me that I have the same trip to do...urgh. The uppity "north" laundromats are way cooler then the mine.